This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change order of icons in panel in Kubuntu 9.10

I would like to be able to change the order of the icons located in the panel. I have been unable to find out how to do this, other than removing all of the widgets and then adding them back in the order in which I want them to appear.

I believe that in some older versions of Kubuntu/KDE, you could just drag them to the place you wanted, but this doesn't work with Kubuntu 9.10/KDE4.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Re: Change order of icons in panel in Kubuntu 9.10

Right click on the panel (or click the Cashew in the upper right hand corner) and select "Unlock Widgets." Then, click the little cashew that comes up at the right end of the panel. This will bring up a bar just above the panel. While that bar is present, any Widget you hover over will show a "movable icon" and you can move it by dragging it.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha1
      I would like to be able to change the order of the icons located in the panel. I have been unable to find out how to do this, other than removing all of the widgets and then adding them back in the order in which I want them to appear.

I believe that in some older versions of Kubuntu/KDE, you could just drag them to the place you wanted, but this doesn't work with Kubuntu 9.10/KDE4.

Does anyone know how to do this?
      Just click on the cashew icon in the far right corner of the panel you can then move any of the icons around very easily.

Comment

Wow! Thank you so much. That was really easy. I could not find that anywhere.

Thanks again.

Comment

Is it possible to reorder the icons in the System Tray area? Doing the above only allows me to move the whole System Tray, not the individual icons within it.
          Not a big deal, but I'd still like to be able to do it.
          Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Comment

Pretty sure the answer is 'no.' The app icons appear based on the order in which they were started.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Ignore

Comment

YES!! You can change the order very easily, using the first reply in this thread from tomp01"

"Just click on the cashew icon in the far right corner of the panel you can then move any of the icons around very easily."

To clarify: when you click on the "cashew" at the far right corner of the panel, you will see a couple of new bars above the panel, which you can ignore at this point. If you move your cursor over the various Icons on the panel, a symbol that looks something like the "up/down/left/right" arrows on a DVD remote control. When you move your cursor over to the icon you wish to move, left click on your mouse and drag the icon to the right or left until it is in the place you wish. You can do this repeatedly for the various icons until the order is the way you like. When you are done, click on the little red "X" at the top right of the new bars that appeared above the panel.

I hope this helps anyone still having problems.

Comment

YES!! You can change the order very easily, using the first reply in this thread from tomp01"
                  No, you can't. devnulljp is asking about the icons in the 'System Tray' and those aren't movable.
                  Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                    No, you can't. devnulljp is asking about the icons in the 'System Tray' and those aren't movable.
                    True dat!!

Comment

Working...
                    X