This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 problems with kubuntu

I have the following two problems with kubuntu. I have searched a lot but i haven't found any solution yet.
    1) When i am trying to change the mouse cursor the cursor doesn't completely change. Some remains from the oxygen theme
    2) When i am trying to change KDE style the style changes , but when i am rebooting i get a blank screen. I found that if i remove all plasma widgets , change style and then put them again back in place there is no problem , but this is not a solution... anyone knows what is happening?

Thank you in advance for your answers...

Re: 2 problems with kubuntu

1) When i am trying to change the mouse cursor the cursor doesn't completely change. Some remains from the oxygen theme
    Is you new cursor theme full theme or partial theme ? If it is a partial theme the KDE will use the missing parts from the default theme (Oxygen White).

Earlier > Topic: [solved] Disable animated mouse cursors?

2) When i am trying to change KDE style the style changes , but when i am rebooting i get a blank screen. I found that if i remove all plasma widgets , change style and then put them again back in place there is no problem , but this is not a solution... anyone knows what is happening
    Desktop theme (Plasma theme) ?
    > Plasma FAQ 4.3
    How can I change my Plasma theme?

Right click on your current desktop, select "Desktop Settings" (alternatively, you can select the same option from the desktop cashew) and you will find the option under "Desktop Theme". You can also download new themes directly from there by clicking the "New Theme" button, using Get Hot New Stuff (GHNS).
    or the KDE style ( from the System Settings - Appearance) ?

What is the name of the theme/style ?
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

well i am talking about kde style NOT plasma (like bespin etc). Any style i used (bespin cleanlooks gtk+ and many more) had the same effect.

and about the cursors: if i remove the oxygen-cursor-theme , the cursors appears normally everywhere EXCEPT the Lancelot. Can you give me a full cursor theme to try out? because all i've tried (all downloaded from kdelook) had the same problem....

Comment

1) I think that the OpenZone ( > Topic: [solved] Disable animated mouse cursors?) is a full theme.

I have set it as the default theme so the redglass (partial theme) is now red and black theme.

2) Here the Besbin et. al. are working fine.

I'm puzzled just guessing - be warned.

Maybe the KDE settings are damaged ? Something to try:
        Log out - rename the hidden kde directory - log in. The KDE should build new kde directory with the default settings.

Earlier:
        > Topic: Kubuntu Desktop Issue
        > Topic: Master volume muted

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Well i made a trial account and today i just noticed that everything is OK... maybe some update solved the problem....

Anyway thanks for your help!

Comment

well i have an update: a friend of my has opensuse 11.2 on his laptop. There the SAME cursor theme appears correctly!!! well what's happening?

Comment

Working...
            X