X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mysql and Logitech Squeezecenter 7.4

Hi,

After upgrading to 9.10 I can't install squeezecenter 7.4 anymore. It conflicts with mysql-server 5.1, squeezecenter needs msql-server 5.0. Is there any chance to force 9.10 to install it, without breaking my system?

Cantodea
    Main system: Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Kubuntu 10.04<br />Main system: Dell Inspiron 1720 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Second system: Acer Aspire 1500 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Third system: Dell Dimension Desktop with Kubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista<br />Fourth system: Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista

Re: Mysql and Logitech Squeezecenter 7.4

No one?
    Main system: Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Kubuntu 10.04<br />Main system: Dell Inspiron 1720 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Second system: Acer Aspire 1500 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Third system: Dell Dimension Desktop with Kubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista<br />Fourth system: Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista

Comment

apparently not...

I've raised a bug at squeezebox server, posted on the forum, here and there and I have had no response at all. Rather dissapointing.

I have also seen a report from a ubuntu user with the same problem.

If people start to upgrade at the end of this week, there's going to be problems.........

please vote for slimserver bug 14905 on the off chance someone gives a damn.

Comment

the chaps at squeezebox server have picked up the bug and submitted a fix. how long it will take to get into the deb I don't know.

it goes without saying that updating to 9.10 without the mysql fix will break squeezebox server. The fix will have to be updated manually or by using the testing build.

I'll stick something here when it works for me.

Mike.

there is a fix for this now but only for unstable 7.5.0 29017. I would suggest anyone wanting to upgrade to karmic wait until the fix makes 7.4.2 testing.

the update is now in 7.4.2 (29019). If updating to karmic then upgrade SBS first to 7.4.2 (testing). If you don't and the dist-upgarde removes SBS then reinstall with 7.4.2 (29019)

Mike.

Comment

Working...
        X