This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] OpenOffice Writer and importing GIFs, PNGs and JPGs

With Karmic and trying to put together some labels, I have noticed that OpenOffice Writer no longer handles many of the graphic formats it used to. If you go to Insert --> Picture --> From File and try to browse for some of those listed with All Formats, nothing appears. Also, if you change the filter to PNG only files, they will appear, but fail to Insert. Some other graphic formats don't even show up when changing the Filter to the specific one. Anyone else notice this? It really is hindering and I hate to have to keep going into my virtual XP to use OO. Help??

Re: OpenOffice Writer and importing GIFs, PNGs and JPGs

If you have it installed, remove the openoffice.org-kde package.
    It breaks several things in OOo, including picture imports. Try to check your extensions for updates and you'll see what I mean.
    The kde-integration package is a great plan, but the execution isn't there yet.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Re: OpenOffice Writer and importing GIFs, PNGs and JPGs

Thanks! That is what it was. However, you can tell that it is no longer integrated. Bummer. At least I have OO working as it should and that really is first and foremost over "looks".

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] OpenOffice Writer and importing GIFs, PNGs and JPGs

... and the bug report is (probably) this > Bug: 434599 [kubuntu] filepicker doesn't show pictures / is strange
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
        X