X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you set up your Activities?

Hi all

The 4.3 KDE release brought a huge usability step forward: easy linking of activities to virtual desktops:

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=782

I am starting to set this up. I am thinking what to do. I have

* 4 virtual desktops
    * each its own background, to differenciate
    * One has the traditional destop folder view, and I am thinking adding a couple more folders, perhaps / home.
    * One will be, I guess, the "News" one, with weather, new feeds, this sort of widgets.
    * Maybe one with the "notes", Calendar and such?
    * Maybe one more with twitter and such? (web 2.0 type widgets)

What are you folks thinking/planning/doing? By the way, the kubuntu-netbook preview does something like this with two: a menu one and a web-2.0 one. The menu is a widget that allows you to click on big icons, like in the early eeepc, the later clutter interface, etc. (what's the name of that widget??)

Cheers!

Re: How do you set up your Activities?

hay lmilano

I personaley like to keep my desktop's cleen and empty.

I to have a diferent background for each of the 4 I use and the clock widget on 1 of them just becose it looks so good with the background on that desktop

and ocasonaley I'll through up a folder view of /home or what I'm working with at the time.....I realey like the way you can hover the curser over a folder in the folder view and it displays the contense of it and then agin for more folder's......kind of like a clickless file browser....and it dose pick preview's to. AND let's you use the rite click contex menu.

I mite not be aposed to that menu widget like in the netbook that is prity cool but I dont know what it's caled eather ....it may be part of the shell for the netbook....IDK
    BUT if you find a way to implament it in KK let me know.

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I have been toying with the "dashboard widgets". Cashew > zoom out >"Configure Plasma" > "Use a separate dashboard".

I'm using the "separate dashboard" (+keyboard shortcut) to have the quick launch links (Daisy).

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Looking to individually customize each virtual desktop. My number 1 issue is that I would like the taskbar to be/act/position different for each desktop. Is this possible?
        Is is possible to have multiple Kickoff buttons? Instead of having one that branches off to Favorites, Games, Media, etc... I would like an individual Kickoff button for each major branch.

Comment

Working...
        X