This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diablo 2 cd doesn't automount

with comp running, i insert diablo 2 cd into tray and it runs for a minute, nothing happens.
    I try running diablo 2 game and it says no cd found, insert diablo 2 cd (it is already)
    from terminal i type mount /media/cdrom0
    it tells me it has mounted in read only mode, nothing else happens
    i try running diablo 2 game again and then it runs and plays fine, it finds the cd and is happy.
    the plasma for plugged in devices still doesn't show the expansion cd (the diablo 2 cd that is)
    and start/computer doesn't even show a cdrom at all in the drives location.
    If i start and/or restart my computer with the disc inserted already, it shows in the plasma notifier and in the start/computer drives location

how can i remedy this?

Re: diablo 2 cd doesn't automount

u can run diablo 2 without the cds in a few easy steps.

1.Install diablo 2 full instalation. (If u have procede to step 2)

2.Find the diablo game folder and copy the video and sound .MPQ files from the cd into the folder. If it requires override just skip, do not override .

3.Lunch diablo 2 without the cd. It should work. The thing D2 requres from the cinematic disc i think r the videos and sounds located in one of the MPQ files, if u move that to the folder like in step 2 here the game should work with no cds ^^ at least it does work for me like that.

no idea how to fix then notifier..w8 for an upgrade fix? KDE is still a bit buggy :P

Comment

Working...
    X