X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG report - Kernel related?

Gentlemen,

I am seeing following error message during boot on my laptop:
    4 16:41:03 Aspire-2930Z kernel: [ 0.372309] pci 0000:05:00.0: BAR 6: no parent found for of device [0xffff0000-0xffffffff]
    Oct 4 16:41:03 Aspire-2930Z kernel: [ 0.372355] pci 0000:07:00.0: BAR 6: no parent found for of device [0xffff8000-0xffffffff]
    Does anyone know how to get rid of it?
    Thanks a lot for your help.

Re: BUG report - Kernel related?

You aren't giving us anything to go on here. There are a lot of boot messages, and many 'look' like errors, but are not. Does you laptop boot? Are you able to log in to your desktop? Does everything work? If the answer to all is 'yes,' then you have nothing to worry about.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: BUG report - Kernel related?

Well I just do not know what else I could come out with. The point is - at the first look, everything works. However, desktop animations seem laggy and whole S3 suspend/resume thing does not work reliably. Also, there was not such message in 9.04, its only there since Karmic kernel is installed. And there are no other messages shown on the cress during boot up, but these two lines and they are errors.
      I am not worried about anything, I just think that is something that affects more users. I do not know if its something serious or not thought.

Comment

Working...
      X