X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [SOLVED] This evenings updates killed xserver

Hi Rog131

Yeah the blocked Amarok packages were just blocked in Kpackagekit.There is no error or warning message just that they are blocked.
    I think the audio problem with amarok seems to only happen when I listen to streaming radio and then decide to record the stream using the script in amarok.Otherwise Karmic really is great so far on this box

Comment

Originally posted by bossa
      I have lost KDM too and all audio has gone
      Startx works to get to the desktop but there is no option to shut down from the desktop only logout
      I lost audio too, bugged it yesterday and it's fixed today. At least on my machine the problem was policykit and was fixed with last night's updates.
      we see things not as they are, but as we are.
      -- anais nin

Comment

I was out town and away from the computer for 24 hours +. Upon return, I ran updates and observed among other things a new kernel, 2.6.31-11. When I shut down X to install the Nvidia driver, using "sudo /etc/init.d/kdm stop" I got a nice message instructing me to use "sudo service kdm" to start it, and it worked marvelously. This is great -- kudos to the devs for considering users!

Upon restarting X, using correct terminology, it all looks fine -- Conky started, Compiz started, music played -- it only lacks an espresso-dispensing feature.

Comment

Working...
        X