This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Package manager updates when running = fugly

Why does the package manager progress window has to re-size for every single entry displayed?

It is continuously jumping left and right pulsating the window size, making the eyes hurt. Would it be possible to just re-size it when INCREASE is needed in size to display the current item under download/update. Leave it on the bigger window size if the next item fits into it but don't make it smaller to JUST fit.
    Kind of tiresome to watch when there are 200 packages updated....

just my 2 cents

Re: Package manager updates when running = fugly

Just use apt-get.

Comment

That is not addressing the initial issue.

Why not just cover the eyes while the program finishes? Then the ugliness - of a command line program or a pulsating window - is not seen at all...

Comment

Originally posted by ab
        That is not addressing the initial issue.
        OK ... GUILTY, as charged.

However, for the record, every annoyance in the universe does not have to become a focus of heroic efforts to remediate. Some things that don't actually cause any harm can just be evaded (by covering the eyes or whatever). Given that it's an open source package, presumably a programmer who knows what he/she's doing could take the source code and fix it, right? But I can't -- can you? So we must either live with it as it is (which I'm unwilling to do), or else find another way to accomplish the purpose -- that's why I suggested apt-get.

More semi-relevant material is here:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3106638.0

Comment

Just install Synaptic and get rid of Kpackagekit. Then it should stop hurting your eyes!

Comment

Still, it's a shame someting that vital is buggy, even in beta.

Comment

Working...
            X