This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back for the fourth time

Did you miss me? I took a break from Kubuntu and tried pure Debian with KDE. They claim to have a more stable system, sorry, they are having their own problems. The least of which is bugs in their installation concerning cups, sigh. I'm back up with Kubuntu 9.10, KDE 3.5.1 installed from a live CD and I broke for an Ethernet cable. 25 feet at almost a dollar a foot with tax, ouch. It is worth it to have something that is this nice. No offense, but, pure Debian is crude and harsh compared to Kubuntu. I know Kubuntu is based on Debian too, but, the menus are put together better and the GUI is easier to use. Only 347 updates since I installed it this morning, LOL

Bob
    Robert Collard
    Springfield, IL
    Robert Collard, Springfield, IL<br />Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Intel Duo T3400 CPUs @2.16Ghz<br />Xubuntu 9.10 x86_64

Re: I'm back for the fourth time

Originally posted by bobcollard
    I'm back up with Kubuntu 9.10, KDE 3.5.1 installed from a live CD...
    KDE 3.5.1 with Kubuntu 9.10!? I doubt that.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by bobcollard
      25 feet at almost a dollar a foot with tax, ouch.
      Ouch. To be honest, I think you got taken. I actually make my own generally from a 500 ft roll of Cat 5e I bought for $80 but even pre-made $5 is the max you should pay for a 25ft ethernet cable. Here's on for $4.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-224-_-Product

Comment

Snowhog: did you get it yet? I'm sort of dyslexic. The answer is KDE 4.3.1! I switch numbers around in my head and if I am not reading them right I have to copy and paste A LOT! Thank God and man for computers.
        Bob
        Robert Collard, Springfield, IL<br />Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Intel Duo T3400 CPUs @2.16Ghz<br />Xubuntu 9.10 x86_64

Comment

Yes. Do it myself sometimes. In my case, my fingers are faster than my mental spelling ability!
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X