This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No usplash after updates

Just text durring boot. Also, something I would really love for them to fix is all the visual glitches in kdm before and after login, specially if you have a non default wallpaper.

Re: No usplash after updates

I was told on another forum that vga boot modes in grub are not supported in the -.31 kernels. Apparently vbe modes are supported, which are used in grub2. I haven't looked closely at this yet, but it looks like usplash may be phasing out in favor of something else (splashy, maybe?).
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

This still an alpha version and (> Waiting for Alpha 6) the plan is >> Kubuntu Karmic Xsplash
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

I kind of miss the splash, but has anyone noticed how fast the boot is? My thinkpad T43 with its ageing 1.6 MHz processor and 2 GB ram is booted to the desktop in about half a minute. Amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Rog131
          This still an alpha version and (> Waiting for Alpha 6) the plan is >> Kubuntu Karmic Xsplash
          Implementation
          Start ksplashx Default in the /etc/kde4/kdm/Xsetup script
          Patch KDM to use the code from KSMServer::upAndRunning when its greeter is shown.
          I actually disabled the loading of ksplashx before the login screen, on my karmic machine it kept creating .kde and .config directories in the root directory (/.kde and /.config)

Comment

Working...
          X