• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing with karmic and ooo issues

I had three instances of karmic installed:
    one updated from alpha 2

and one installed from alpha3

one netbook version on my notebook.

A part from serious issues with copy and paste with ooo I have noticed that the icons in the tool bars do not show in either the alpha 3 nor in the netbook versions.

Customize toolbars tells: "show icons only" but there are no icons.

Also mail merge from within writer does not show when opening a html document (needed for sending emails with my company logo)

These issues also apply to the live cd's (alpha 3/netbook).

All of the above work fine with the updated version and in JJ.

Any body else see this?
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: Playing with karmic and ooo issues

This could explain some of the bugs/regression > Bug #375690: OOo 3.1 needs KDE4 integration. It's milestone is karmic-alpha-5, meanwhile:

Sergiu Bivol wrote on 2009-06-14:

Installing the package openoffice.org-style-crystal brings back the icons for OOo. This package has no dependencies, so it should be installed by default for now, until Oxygen icons will be integrated. Without the icons, OOo is unusable.

There is a blueprint > https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubu...ic-development
    Open Office Port to KDE 4 widgets:TODO
    Open Office Oxygen icons:TODO
    Maybe we will have a OO with the oxygen icons...
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Thankx for that

Okay, got the icons back.

That is a weird regression.

How do I get mail merge (serial letters) working for html documents?

You cannot send embedded graphics with .odt and the ooo forums are not much help.
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I tried Karmic for the first time this weekend. I thought about running it in a virtual machine but decided to upgrade instead. I backed up and did an upgrade to the alpha 3 development release. I was surprised how smoothly the upgrade process went. It made it all the way through. I let the upgrade modify any locally modified configuration files. I played with it for half day but there were still too many regressions to keep it. I spent Saturday trying to make my dual head configuration work on 9.10 without success so I restored. I did notice k3b was ported to qt4 and a few other changes. It's progress.

Cheers UK
        linux && bash = "the future"

Comment

All those testing Karmic and/or KDE 4.3 and posting results on this forum ....

Thanks for the heads up!

(BTW, did you post the bugs your found to their respective bugzillas?)
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X