This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 9.10 - recognizing good work.

I have used KK since Alpha 2 or so as my working OS despite all dire warnings about alpha software. It is remarkable how few really serious bugs or glitches I encountered. True, there have been some problems - mostly of minor consequences. Wireless and printing are only two of them. I also stay away from Adept and KNotifier and use the old true and proven command line apt-get and aptitude instead. I use my computer mainly for word processing/writing, website maintenance and e-mail. No heavy gaming and music here. that helps, I know.

Some glitches were of my own doing, I admit. For some I asked for assistance on this board, without much input.

Eventually, they all got resolved.

Kubuntu 9.10 is not my first alpha OS or software I have used. I started out testing Windows 2000 in alpha, beta and RC; tested and translated Linspire and many other applications. So, I am not new to unstable software.

But I have to say that Kubuntu 9.10 is remarkably well written for an Alpha OS. As I said, it has given me only very few troubles. For that, the developers of the OS should be lauded. I personally appreciate their work. And I want them to know.

Suffice it to say that I am using 9.10 as my daily work OS. My other installation, 9.04, is only used for the rare cases where I cannot yet fully rely on 9.10. It's a few applications - Kompozer being one of them. though that seems to be fixed by now as well.

Good work, ladies and gentlemen. I appreciate your dedication.

Re: Kubuntu 9.10 - recognizing good work.

+1
    Since ALPHA 4
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhh ------ you guys are tempting me .......

Comment

Originally posted by dibl

for real.....
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by dibl

No kidding!

Comment

I can only agree with PJJ.

JJ alpha was cool but karmic is real cool. I am sure by the time the betas roll around we will have some issues but that is what they are there for.

Thank you to the gods who are
            HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

+1

I have been running Kubuntu 9.10 ALPHA3 as a LiveCD on my Sony VAIO notebook all day today. The things that work behave flawlessly for an alpha release. There are a few things that don't work. These have been discusssed other messages. so, keep those bug reports flowing so the dev gang can continue their EXCELLENT work!

Now I am off to load SecondLife and test its hires screen for distortion.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
              X