This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing Problems Kubuntu (KK) KDE 4.3 Beta2

I don't print much of anything any more, so I'm honestly unsure how long ago this may have started (but I know it worked just before upgrading to KK alpha a few weeks ago).

I have never had a problem getting my Lexmark E210 (old, yes, but works like a charm) working, whether with Cups directly or indirectly through KDE or Gnome.

When I go to System Settings -> Printer Configuration I get the following message:

The service 'Printer Configuration' does not provide an interface 'KCModule' with keyword 'system-config-printer-kde/system-config-printer-kde.py' The factory does not support creating components of the specified type.

Possible reasons:
    - An error occurred during your last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned control module
    - You have old third party modules lying around.

Check these points carefully and try to remove the module mentioned in the error message. If this fails, consider contacting your distributor or packager.
    Now I realise that the KDE 4.3 Beta2 packages have just started coming down....

So, is it just a KDE module that has not been updated to beta 2 in the repositories causing this error? or would there be something else?

More curious than anything, I can live without printing (if I couldn't work on something unstable I wouldn't be running the Alpha release )

Thanks,
    SIR_Taco
    Man by his very nature is dependent on other men.

Re: Printing Problems Kubuntu (KK) KDE 4.3 Beta2

I also upgraded to 4.3beta2 and have the same problem.
    It may be related to this bug
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...t4/+bug/348704

Comment

Re: Printing Problems Kubuntu (KK) KDE 4.3 Beta2

I had the same problem after an upgrade to Kde 4.3 beta2 in Jaunty and it did not change with the subsequent release candidates.
      I solved it downgrading both python-kde4 and python-kde4-dev from the Karmic's version (4:4.2.98-0ubuntu1) to the Jaunty's one (4:4.2.2-0ubuntu2).
      I hope it could help.

Comment

Working...
      X