This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very slow internet and download speeds

So Ive been having problems with my internet speeds on wireless. It was ok, but after the recent round of updates its gotten work and tonight its unbearable. I tested the speeds to make sure and in fact there is a problem. My normal connection is around 5megs a second. I checked this system running kubuntu on wireless and I barely break 40k. I'm using wicd for my driver. I really haven't had problems up until recently. I tired to go back to 9.16, but it did the same thing. This is not the ipv6 thing, first its a download issue not lookup and I disabled ipv6 already and it didn't help. any ideas?

Re: very slow internet and download speeds

I've had the slow speeds for ubuntu updates for last two days on my wired connections also.
    Boot Info Script

Comment

Ill have to check. I tried it with the same computer, but in windows, I dual boot, and I get similar resulst. It only clocked at 50k, so it may just be a bad signal from my router. It seems slower than normal though. When I get home Ill try them both upstairs near the router and see what I get.

Comment

Yep. its definitely my signal. Up stairs in Kubuntu I actually hit the same speed I get wired at my pc, wow. Anyway is there any way to book the radio in my laptop a bit with wicd or another program?

Comment

Mine was definitely Ubuntu's mirror. I changed mirrors and the speed improved.
          Boot Info Script

Comment

Working...
          X