X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMB issue. Cannot access Win7 shares

Hey all,

Just wiped out Alpha6 and installed the Beta. Now I can't access the shares on my Win7 box. Win7 machine shows up under workgroup but once I click on it to see the shares it displays the following:

Internal Error
    Please send a full bug report at http://bugs.kde.org
    Unknown error condition in stat: Function not implemented

Anyone else seeing this?

D

Re: SMB issue. Cannot access Win7 shares

I am getting this as well. I can connect to windows XP machines just fine however. I have double checked the user name and password and all of that is correct.

I am having another issue as well that may be related. I am unable to share folders. I open the folders as root, right click on a folder within it I want to share and click properties. I go to the share tab and click configure sharing. Sometimes it asks for my password sometimes it doesn't. Either way it just sits there and does not let me configure sharing. I installed swat and went to terminal and did a sudo kate for the file and it would not let me save. Said I did not have permission to save it.

Are you seeing this issue as well?

Comment

I having this issue also, dalamar23666. I can not share my folder with other windows machine. I don't want to go back kde 3...

Please share if you have got the solution on this matter.

Comment

I can confirm this bug still exists in the release version of 9.10. Strangely I haven't seen much online about this issue. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

I found a way to share Linux folders with other windows machines. Just not access windows 7 yet.

I installed something called

Samba Server Configuration.

After making sure I had all the right samba files and SMB stuff. This is a beautiful GUI that makes everything a piece of cake. Now to just figure out why I can't access Windows 7.

Comment

Re: SMB issue. Cannot access Win7 shares (FIXED)

Ok I was goofing around in windows 7 trying to make this work. I had turned off the firewall but never checked the settings.

From control panel -> Network and sharing center -> Click on windows firewall at the bottom left panel.
            In there, click allow a program or feature through the windows firewall.

I have the following things checked.
            Core Networking
            DNA (TCP-in)
            DNA (UDP-in)
            File and Printer Sharing
            HomeGroup
            Internet Connection Sharing
            Netlogon Service
            Network Discovery
            Routing and Remote Access
            Windows Peer to Peer Collaboration Foundating.

Even though the firewall was off for some reason those settings were still enabled. Once I allowed those settings I was able to browse to the Windows 7 machine. Hopefully something about these settings will help others see where their settings may be off.

Comment

I read and article on Linux Today about Samba with Win7 here is the site http://www.enterprisenetworkingplane...-7-Clients.htm

Comment

Working...
              X