This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

proprietary nvidia vs. nvidia-190-glx package

I have always used the proprietary NVIDIA drivers, downloaded from the nvidia website, and installed per the howto: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3107406.0

I wanted to try the nvidia-190-glx package (this is kamic), and it seems to have installed properly, but I cannot get compositing to work. No effects at all.

Has anyone successfully made the transition, and if so, how?
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Re: proprietary nvidia vs. nvidia-190-glx package

The nvidia-xonfig package might be separate from the nvidia-glx package -- also nvidia-settings. Take a look in the repo and see if those need to be installed.

Comment

Hmm, that's a thought. I was using the same xorg.conf that I use with the same driver version (190.53), and I assumed it would be the same for the repo version. I will have to give the nvidia-xorg a try.
      We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

I downloaded this driver: "NVIDIA-Linux-x86-190.53-pkg1.run" from the NVIDIA site and it works fine!!!

Comment

I downloaded this driver: "NVIDIA-Linux-x86-190.53-pkg1.run" from the NVIDIA site and it works fine!!!
          Yes, I know, but it won't automatically update, which in theory the repository should.

Comment

Working...
          X