This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.10 hangs during install

Installing 9.10 to 386 based desktop. Hangs when selecting time zone. Reboot, same thing over and over. I had problems with Ubuntu 9.10 as well. Gave up, re-installed 8.04. No problems. Re-installed Ubuntu 8.04 with no problems. Is there a fix? Or do I wait for new?

Re: 9.10 hangs during install

Have you tried adding some options on the command line to the installer? (there is an advanced menu at boot time in the CD). Some times, a combination of these work:

noapic
    noacpi
    nolapic
    acpi=off

Another idea would be to try to install from a USB drive (you can turn the iso into a USB using the usb-creator utility or unetbootin . Hope this helps!

Comment

I had crashes during install too. Using a USB key solved the problem! See my post for details.

Comment

Today, I got an update notice in Adept of a new version so I allowed it to update and it tried to update to 9.10 and failed. Then I had no 8.04 and no 9.10. I tried the USB install of 9.10 but I could not get my computer to boot off the USB stick. I added the USB to the boot priority menu in BIOS, moved it to the first position, disabled all other boot devices, and all I got was a screen full of GRUB. I used Unetbootin and a hash checked 9.10 ISO file to make the bootable USB. I tried once again to install 9.10 off the CD and again it hung at the time zone setup screen 3 times in a row so I re-installed 8.04. There is obviously something wrong in 9.10 that it keeps hanging at this same point.

Comment

Working...
        X