This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.10 build with later kernel

The kernel that was in the stable build of 9.10 29 Oct, does not support my Intel GMA x3100 on the Dell Studio 1535. I get a white screen with colored lines up and down. It works with later kernels but I can not get past the white screen to even a command prompt to attempt anything.

Has there been a new ISO with a later kernel and if so where can I find it.

Thanks

System76 Kudu Professional 17.3 Laptop 8Gig Memory Kubuntu 14.04

Re: 9.10 build with later kernel

Hi! There will be a 9.10.1 release at some point, and if history is to be repeated it should be soon (the first iso correction to hardy was about 3 months after the release)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyReleaseSchedule

However, you will not get a newer kernel, but rather the same kernel with some corrections/bugfixes, I am not sure if that will help.

Otherwise, you may want to try to install proper Ubuntu, which provides BulletProofX, and should give you a low resolution VGA display to work with. From there, you can install all the updates, and if that doesn't help, you can try Lucid's kernel (just the kernel).

Another route yet could be to install Lucid, although it is still very unstable, but it will only get better with time, and it beats a white screen hands down

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
    X