X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved] kdepim-packages conflict with kdebase-packages

Hi,
    I just upgraded mz laptop and my PC from Jaunty to Karmic and in both cases the following problem occurred:
    The kdepim-packages were upgraded to karmic3 while kdebase-packages depend on karmic1 (all backports I believe... for some reason the backport-repos were enabled during the upgrade...)
    The result was, that the conflict could not be resolved and several major kdebase- and plasma-packageswere not installed, so that I could not log in to KDE... I had to manually downgrade the kdepim-packages to karmic (no backport) and reinstall kubuntu-desktop (fairly easy in synaptic: Package > Force Version, and Package > Lock Version).

Thought I post this in case anyone else has similar problems.

Now I have a new problem with Kontact, namely that it crashes reliably whenever I want to compose an email; but this only happens on my laptop (although both installations are almost identical); therefore my PC seems to have a problem with the Akonadi-Server, which does not start properly (but everything works anyway).

Chopstick

Re: kdepim-packages conflict with kdebase-packages

In case anyone is interested or has the same problem, the affected packages (which had to be pinned to the standard karmic version) are:

kdepim-runtime
    kdepim-runtime-data
    kdepim-runtime-libs4

The version I'm using is "4:4.3.2-0ubuntu1 (karmic)"; the version that caused the conflicts is "4:4.3.2-0ubuntu1~karmic3 (karmic-backports)"

For now I disabled "unsupported updates" in kpackagekit. This was probably the source of the conflict during the update process.

Comment

Re: kdepim-packages conflict with kdebase-packages

Now I tried again and updated the above mentioned packages to the latest backports and everything works; no conflicts.

Apparently I was just unlucky at the moment I updated... anyway - solved now.

Comment

Working...
      X