This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help for install onto Averatec d1130

just got a Averatec all in one computer for Christmas. i'm wanting to install kubuntu, as i have it installed already on my netbook and laptop. thus far it won't load up via the live cd option. didn't know if anyone has any suggestions as to how to get it running on this computer. i've already tried installing from the usb thumbdrive i created for the netbook install, no go. so then i burnt a fresh install cd and tried it, exact same thing as the thumbdrive attempt.

this is the computer i have, Averatec - All-in-One Desktop with Intel® Atom™ Processor

Re: Need help for install onto Averatec d1130

Please explain what you mean by "thus far it won't load up via the live cd option." Do you mean that the LiveCD won't boot, or boots but doesn't fully load, or ...

One thing that you should be aware of, is that 9.10 may not give you a working X Desktop based on the Intel GPU this PC has.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

pretty sure the averatec has the same gfx that my netbook has. i'll go back through the install and write down what i get, or snap a picture and post it up. it say something about "man sudo-run" or something, i cant remember. ill have to run setup again, gimme a few.

Comment

here's a photo of what i have on my screen after clicking "run from cd" and it stops doing anything.

Comment

On the LiveCD, choose the option to verify the disk (the LiveCD). Ensure that the burn was successful. If the check indicates any errors, then run a check of the downloaded .iso file itself to ensure that the download was successful.

Comment

already checked the cd, first thing i did when i saw that it didn't load. i thought that the hardware in this thing is more or less, that of what is in my netbook. this is quite unexpected.

Comment

On the LiveCD, opt for VESA video and see if you are able to load from it successfully.

Comment

how do i go about doing that?

Comment

when you first boot the cd and are on the try live, install , check disk .....page at the bottom are extra options F1, F2 exe, exe, I think the vesa option is in one of these.

VINNY
                  i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                  16GB RAM
                  Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

roger that, i'll give it a try. thanks

Comment

ok, happy to say that the gfx was what was holding me back. did as you suggested and it booted into the live cd thus allowing me to install kubuntu. however now, my prob is the gfx card not doing anything over 1024 x 768. any ideas on how i can get the native res of 1680 x 945. perhaps ndis wrapper?

Comment

ndiswrapper is a shell to fool a Wifi card Windows driver into thinking that it's running under Windows. It will not be useful for the graphics driver. Googling for the model name did not gave me a definite answer on which graphic card you're using, but your best bet is probably to look in this forum for specific instructions on how to load the proprietary drivers.

Comment

ah, thanks. i was thinking that ndiswrapper could be used for various drivers, other than just wifi. thanks for clarifying. the chipset is Intel 945GMS + ICH7 Chipset. thus far i have not been able to google an answer.

Comment

Not sure if it is of any help, but my netbook uses a 945GME, and that one works very well.

Comment

Working...
                            X