Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh install of Karmic on Gateway NV52!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh install of Karmic on Gateway NV52!

Hello,

Have a fresh successful install of Karmic on a Gateway NV52 that has the following and more on it

AMD Athlon 64 X2 QL-64
    320 GB HDD
    4 GB RAM
    DVD Super Multi DL drive
    Webcam
    Multi-in-1 card reader
    ATI RADEON Graphics
    Dolby Sound Room "doesn't have details as to this"

Well someone messed it up real bad it had Vista on it and when I got it back operating system not being read etc... files missing on and on and on.

Didn't have Vista install disc and boot repair disc wouldn't even work on it anymore so decided to format and install Karmic. It took three format and installs to install it on this Gateway NV52. But most everything seems to be AOK now. It told me the HDD was possibly bad the first two times I tried to install it, but I think it had something corrupting it really bad, some type of virus or something really bad and then incompetent individuals working on it after that fact.

What I need to know is what all extra needs to be done after this fresh install.

If someone could kind of walk me through this I would appreciate it very much rather new to this here Kubuntu issue love it but new none the less and have only installed the Jaunty Jackalope on one other machine.

I have posts in Hardware support and also in Software support dealing with issues on this machine also if anyone can help there too.

Thank you.
    Honor Yourself with Truth and Fairness! Your Word is Your Bond! Give Your Word Power by Adhering to it!

Re: Fresh install of Karmic on Gateway NV52!

Originally posted by jamminjay09
    Hello,

Have a fresh successful install of Karmic on a Gateway NV52 that has the following and more on it

AMD Athlon 64 X2 QL-64
    320 GB HDD
    4 GB RAM
    DVD Super Multi DL drive
    Webcam
    Multi-in-1 card reader
    ATI RADEON Graphics
    Dolby Sound Room "doesn't have details as to this"

Well someone messed it up real bad it had Vista on it and when I got it back operating system not being read etc... files missing on and on and on.

Didn't have Vista install disc and boot repair disc wouldn't even work on it anymore so decided to format and install Karmic. It took three format and installs to install it on this Gateway NV52. But most everything seems to be AOK now. It told me the HDD was possibly bad the first two times I tried to install it, but I think it had something corrupting it really bad, some type of virus or something really bad and then incompetent individuals working on it after that fact.

What I need to know is what all extra needs to be done after this fresh install.

If someone could kind of walk me through this I would appreciate it very much rather new to this here Kubuntu issue love it but new none the less and have only installed the Jaunty Jackalope on one other machine.

I have posts in Hardware support and also in Software support dealing with issues on this machine also if anyone can help there too.

Thank you.
    Sounds like hardware problems are your most important to work out right now. I'm not familiar with your machine but I have some experience with Kubuntu. On your Live CD there is a way to check your HD I forget the right wording but Check disk is in the clause. You cannot check a system on the same running disk, you have to startup from something outside the machine like your Live CD. After that let me know if you need more help.
    Robert Collard, Springfield, IL<br />Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Intel Duo T3400 CPUs @2.16Ghz<br />Xubuntu 9.10 x86_64

Comment

Re: Fresh install of Karmic on Gateway NV52!

Actually I have this subject already posted in Hardware section and don't want to have to of the same subjects going in two different sections so can we move this conversation into the post I have concerning the HDD in the Hardware section

I appreciate all of your help.

Thank you.
      Honor Yourself with Truth and Fairness! Your Word is Your Bond! Give Your Word Power by Adhering to it!

Comment

Working...
      X