X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Settings screwed-up!

Hi,

I am totally desperate. After a couple of years, I re-installed Kubuntu (Karmic). Then, I began to install common apps, and personalize settings...

I did something on the Desktop personalize setting (on a clean desktop, right click, and choose "Desktop" or similar) and I tried one of the settings that I could not remember now. Afterwards, I lost the background, the taskbar, and almost everything, except running apps.

I tried to restart, but no change...

I tried to reach that settings via <Ctrl-F2> but on the Desktop related settings via either Settings or other versions, I could not get the same Desktop Apperance dialog/screen.

I am now sending this message from Windows. Please, help me how to reset desktop settings via safe console login.

Thank in advance...
    Multiboot<br />Linux: Kubuntu Lucid Lynx<br />M$: Vista Home Prem.<br />[hr]<br />Linux User #510714<br />Kubuntu User #31304<br />

Re: Desktop Settings screwed-up!

you could try renaming the /home/you/.kde folder and then login and new one should be regenerated with default setings

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Very brilliant idea! Thanks a billion times... Now, writing back from Kubuntu
      Multiboot<br />Linux: Kubuntu Lucid Lynx<br />M$: Vista Home Prem.<br />[hr]<br />Linux User #510714<br />Kubuntu User #31304<br />

Comment

keep reading all the post's hear and you'll pickup all kinds of good tricks

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X