This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

livecd resets system clock

I've been trying out the livecd to see if I want to install Kubuntu or not. I find that it resets the system clock on my laptop. When I boot back up from my hard disk after using the livecd I have to correct the clock every time. I tried the livecd for Ubuntu and it does not do this. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I think this could make a bad impression on people who decide to "Try Kubuntu without making any changes to your computer" only to find that in fact it did make changes.

--
    Dan

Re: livecd resets system clock

Confirmed. The Kubuntu 9.10 Live CD changes the time in the system BIOS to UTC each time it runs. Not nice behavior.
    Mark<br />Kubuntu 8.04 on IBM X41T/ Pentium M LV 1.5 GHz/1GB DDR2/60GB HDD/Dual-boot with Windows XP Tablet Edition<br />Kubuntu 6.06 on Shuttle SD11G5 mini-server/ Pentium M 2 GHz/1 GB DDR2/80 GB notebook HD/500 GB SATA II HD

Comment

Hmmmm ... so that's what may have happened to me also (which I noticed when doing some BIOS updates--the clock was wacked in BIOS -> EDIT: even before messing with BIOS).
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Me too !!!

My local time on another machine lacked 7 hours (in bios setup) after trying any live CDs.
        This also puts my time at login page to this kubuntuforums to be ahead 7 hours. Odd!
        Linux tawee2009 2.6.31-14-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 16 14:04:26 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux - Desktop@Office<br /><br />Acer Aspire 3810TZ : Dual Boots : Vista/Kubuntu9.10

Comment

Working...
        X