This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely long boot times after update

I just updated to Kubuntu 9.10, and now my laptop takes forever to boot. I've attached my dmesg, hopefully someone can help give me a place to start in diagnosing the problem.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Extremely long boot times after update

Generally, when a boot 'takes forever' but does boot, it's waiting for a referenced device that isn't connected.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Exactly, like snowhog suggests, I can see a couple of lines
      Code:
      [  2.430494] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
      [  2.430566] usbhid: v2.6:USB HID core driver
      [  3.170296] ieee1394: Host added: ID:BUS[0-00:1023] GUID[00023f7bae40164d]
      [ 244.282873] usplash:401 freeing invalid memtype fffffffff5000000-fffffffff5e00000
      [ 361.814445] PM: Starting manual resume from disk
      That big jump in timings happen just after ieee1394 adapter initialization. Do you have any devices plugged there? Can you try booting unplugging the ieee1394 devices first?

Comment

Hi,

I also have an extremely long boot time. Not with Kubuntu but with Ubuntu 9.1. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes !

Can anybody tell me where I can find the dmesg, cause I might find something there.

Do any of you guys know if this long booting has any relation with hard drives setup in a RAID configuration ?

Thanks,

Remmelt

Comment

Hi again,

I managed to get rid of the long booting time (about 30 minutes !!). Cause I was thinking about my RAID stuff (which I do not have (in another thread I am dealing with another problem) I went into BIOS. In BIOS you can switch the onboard ATA/RAID control on or off. I now switched if off and that did the trick for me.

Remmelt

Comment

Working...
          X