This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Home Folder or Trash Icon in Desktop Folder

I have kubuntu 9.10 and I dont have these icons, somebody can help me please??
    Excuse my english I'm chilean.

Re: No Home Folder or Trash Icon in Desktop Folder

Click on the Cashew Icon in the upper-right corner of your desktop. Click Add Widgets... and scroll down to Trashcan and click it once and then click on the Add Widget button. Do the same for Folder View.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I think you don't understand me , i want something like this......
      Attached Files

Comment

Try adding the 'Folder View' widget and set it as 'Show the desktop folder'.

Comment

I understand what you're saying and have the same issue. If I click on the Cashew to add the Trashcan, it merely appears on the desktop and not in the Folder View. Same with the Home folder. While doing this will put them on the main desktop, they no longer appear in Folder View, even though Folder View is set to Show Desktop. I'm not sure of the solution, either.

Regards,
          zenarcher
          Kubuntu 16.10 (64 Bit)<br />MSI K9NGM4-V V2<br />AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+<br />4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM<br />NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI-E 1MB<br />WD 250GB SATA HD<br />Dell SP2009W Flat Panel Monitor

Comment

Originally posted by zenarcher
            I understand what you're saying and have the same issue. If I click on the Cashew to add the Trashcan, it merely appears on the desktop and not in the Folder View. Same with the Home folder. While doing this will put them on the main desktop, they no longer appear in Folder View, even though Folder View is set to Show Desktop. I'm not sure of the solution, either.
            If you want items like trash visible in a folder view (showing Desktop folder) you can create .desktop links for them in the ~/Desktop folder. This, for example, will create a trash icon in the Desktop folder (save the text file as ~/Desktop/trash.desktop):
            [Desktop Entry]
            Name=Trash
            Comment=Contains removed files
            Encoding=UTF-8
            EmptyIcon=user-trash
            Icon=user-trash-full
            OnlyShowIn=KDE
            Type=Link
            URL=trash:/

Comment

Thanks for that tip. I appreciate it. The Home folder and Trash icon were always there in the Folder View until Karmic. I just wondered what happened with Karmic.

Regards,
              zenarcher
              Kubuntu 16.10 (64 Bit)<br />MSI K9NGM4-V V2<br />AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+<br />4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM<br />NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI-E 1MB<br />WD 250GB SATA HD<br />Dell SP2009W Flat Panel Monitor

Comment

This just happened to me on my Jaunty computer. The Trash icon that formerly was shown inside the desktop folder simply disappeared for no apparent reason. I explored the K menu looking for Lost & Found but did not see that. Instead I clicked on the Trash icon in the K menu, which opened the Trash folder in Dolphin. Lo and behold trash.desktop had somehow moved itself into the trash! I right-clicked trash.desktop and chose Restore from the context menu. The Trash icon then re-appeared in the desktop folder.

Now I have an invisible file stuck in the trash. When trying to empty the trash, I get file or folder does not exist (or similar error message.) I think I saw the solution in a separate thread here, so I'm looking for that now.

Edit: I solved the stuck file in trash problem with the help of this thread.
                Welcome newbies!
                Verify the ISO
                Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Working...
                X