This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new install

Just installed Kubuntu 9.10, on my laptop installed OK, but but does not recognize wireless connection how do i get on the internal, don't know any settings to put in the network settings, i thought it would search for a wireless connection when i boot it up and login to Kubuntu

Re: new install

I don't know what sort of wireless you have...Broadcom, etc..... But try this. Down on the bar at the bottom right of your desktop, you should see your connection icon, probably showing no connection right now. Right click on it and choose, "Manage Connections." Then, you can click on the "Wireless" tab...and click "Add Connection." That should open a box for you, if your wireless card is recognized....and you can scan for your wireless router. You should see your router by name. Then, make sure, if it's a locked wireless router, that you go to the Security tab and mark your type of security and enter your passcode. Also, you might want to make sure you check the box to always activate the connection. You'll be asked to "Always Allow," which you'll probably want to mark. You can choose a password, or leave it blank, whichever you prefer, when it wants you to set up KWallet for the connection.

If that doesn't work, you might want to post what sort of wireless card you have.

Cheers,
    zenarcher
    Kubuntu 16.10 (64 Bit)<br />MSI K9NGM4-V V2<br />AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+<br />4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM<br />NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI-E 1MB<br />WD 250GB SATA HD<br />Dell SP2009W Flat Panel Monitor

Comment

Re: new install

Hi
      Done as you said now connected thank's

Comment

Working...
      X