This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installer does not recognize partition

Hi, I have partitioned my drive in windows and created a 20 GB unallocated space where I thought I could install kubuntu. However, the installer does not recognize the unallocated space. It recognizes my C drive, D drive etc. I tried partitioning the unallocated space in Windows in both FAT32 and NTFS formats. on both ocassion kubuntu installer will not recognize the particular drive. Under windows disk management all my partitions are showing up correctly. If I dont keep the separate partition will I be able to install kubuntu into the C drive where Win 7 is installed? I tried choosing C drive while installing Kubuntu.. but it doesnt show me any free space. It only gives me the option to partition the whole C drive.

I am trying to install kubuntu along with Windows 7 to create a dual boot. Someone please help.

Re: Installer does not recognize partition

Do yourself a favor, and download/burn a GParted LiveCD and do your disk partitioning with it first.

gparted-live-0.4.8-1.iso
    checksums info
    GParted Documentation

GParted is very good, easy to use, and reliable.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I wish to do that. However, I dont have a CD drive. I was booting from USB flash. I am able to run Kubuntu from the Flash.. Can I partition from there?

Comment

GParted Live on USB
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X