X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems after upgrade

Hi

Today I have upgraded my Kubuntu from 9.04 to 9.10.
    1º - After the boot, a new option appeared, with kernel version 2.31 something... With that option I can't boot, because the imagem stays with lines and I can't see anything.. I have an ATI graphic card. Is that the problem??
    2 - Then I tried my 2.28.. kernel boot option and it booted. The system was awfully slow. I unninstaled Compiz and Emerald and it was a lot better, but I don't have sound. I have the speaker next to the clock, but no sound.

How to solve this??

Thanks

Re: Problems after upgrade

Hi. I'm running an Karmic installed as an alpha and upgraded. Not exactly the same as you, but it works well.
    The fact that you have 2.31 and 2.28 options in the boot menu and that the 2.28 option works suggests that /boot/grub is OK. It seems to be a video problem and ATI cards can cause problems.

Try System Monitor will show what processes are using the CPU and anything taking a large chunk should be suspect.

You can type "top" in a terminal and get a listing, but the system monitor also allows you to kill a process when you spot one that is being a processor hog.
    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Re: Problems after upgrade

What a piece of crap...

Don't know what happened, but I got no printer and it even detect's nothing connected by USB...

What the hell happened??

I'm gonna have to format the computer...

Comment

Working...
      X