X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netbook Installation - screen size issue

Hi,

I've tried to install kubuntu netbook on my eeepc 701, and failed. Problem is trivial - on my 800x480 screen I see only half of the installer window, all buttons and part of first message appear to be under the screen edge so I could not advance beyond language selection tab.

Unfortunately, Alt+Drag do not work in installer. Actually, when I read that there is netbook edition I hoped that there will be solved the screen resolution problem for dialogues.... oops :-(

Tried to play with special window settings... seems like I can resize the installer window, but unfortunately can't place it. Big question I can't find answer on for 20 years: what makes people forbid window to move or resize? So far I've found single answer - if it is a full screen game. But installer is not a game and is running under window manager in this case... so why? :-(((

--
    Thanks!
    Kirill

Re: Netbook Installation - screen size issue

Try boot option:

vga=785

Comment

Tried... did not help... is there a text-mode installer which this option could affect? Neither installer launched from the boot manager nor the one from live CD work.

Adding srollbar in the former and window decoration in the latter in some future installer version could help... or at least include some window manager capable of stronger window control then kwin can do (fvwm? twm? they are tiny).

Comment

Aparantly, if installer is standalone rather then launched from Live CD system, Alt+Drag can move it around, so I finally could install.

Comment

My Eee PC 701 / 4G runs sidux Xfce, and uses boot option VGA=785. I don't know why it would not work with Kubuntu just the same.

Comment

Working...
          X