This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Installer crash, progress bar at 80%

So I'm installing Kubuntu 9.10. I've used 9.04 on my desktop for a while and it's been a really great experience. I loaded the 9.10 live CD, clicked on the installer link, and the install went smoothly... until the progress bar got to about 80%. It tried to read something from the CD, then something from the "mirror" (a copy of the CD in RAM? I dunno, I'm a n00b), to no effect. A button labeled "skip" (I'm not sure exactly how many steps it was offering to skip) immediately appeared.

The bar stayed at 80% for several minutes, so I clicked "skip", at which point the installer crashed, and offered to submit a bug report, which I tried to do but clicking the link didn't appear to do anything.

This happened twice, once from loading the LiveCD and once by just selecting "install". I tried to boot into the install, but GRUB simply says "error 15", and refuses to display anything.

Is this because of a problem with the CD? That's the only thing I can think of, since Ubuntu/Kubuntu installers have been notoriously good in the past and my HDD is fine.

As a side note, I have WinXP on one partition and Linux (previously Kubuntu 9.04, now a bad install of 9.10) on the other. (And of course a swap partition)

Re: Installer crash, progress bar at 80%

Solved!

Turns out it wasn't actually hanging at 80%, just taking a while (albeit on the "five minutes before going on to 81%" scale). Waited for a while, let it complete and it installed perfectly.

Comment

Working...
    X