This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is There Anywhere I Can Download 9.10 Beta Instead of RC

Is there anywhere I can download Kubuntu 9.10 Beta (64 bit Alternate Install CD)? The fax drivers are missing in RC for my HP multi-function printer. They were there and working fine with Beta. Likewise, with Beta installed and setting up the HP printer, then installing all the current updates, the HP printer continues to function normally. So I just need to find where I can download the Beta version of 9.10, if anyone knows.

Thanks,
    zenarcher
    Kubuntu 16.10 (64 Bit)<br />MSI K9NGM4-V V2<br />AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+<br />4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM<br />NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI-E 1MB<br />WD 250GB SATA HD<br />Dell SP2009W Flat Panel Monitor

Re: Is There Anywhere I Can Download 9.10 Beta Instead of RC

I am confused. You have the beta installed, and updated, and it works. No need to install the RC as you are daily updating the beta. I'm missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
      I am confused. You have the beta installed, and updated, and it works. No need to install the RC as you are daily updating the beta. I'm missing something.
      The RC is causing me a problem and apparently, I'm the only one in the world who seems to be dealing with it. I'll try this again, but what I really need is merely to find if I can download Kubuntu 9.10 Beta (64 Bit Alternate Install CD) from somewhere, as it will resolve my problem.

Anyway, I'll try this again:

1) If I do a fresh install of Kubuntu 9.10 RC, the HP fax drivers are borked. In fact, the hplip fax ppd files are missing or cannot be found, so I cannot set up the fax in my HP multi-function printer.

2) If I do a fresh install of Kubuntu 9.10 Beta, the HP fax drivers are there and I can set up the fax as it should be set up. All works properly.

3) If I do a fresh install of Kubuntu 9.10 Beta, install the HP printer and have the fax working properly, THEN, install all the available updates, bring me up to RC, the fax continues to work properly. It is not a problem, if I first install Beta, then set up the fax.....then, update to the current RC.

So, in order to have a working fax setup, I must install Beta....set up the fax....THEN install all the available updates. If, on the other hand, I do a fresh install of RC, I can no longer have a working fax.

Cheers,
      zenarcher
      Kubuntu 16.10 (64 Bit)<br />MSI K9NGM4-V V2<br />AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+<br />4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM<br />NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI-E 1MB<br />WD 250GB SATA HD<br />Dell SP2009W Flat Panel Monitor

Comment

If you are updating the beta, there is no need to install the RC, or the final release. You will already be there. Why do you need to download the beta? You say you have it installed. If for some reason you removed that install, and no longer have your beta CD you burned, then I would suggest you just wait a couple of days. These problems have a way of fixing themselves with updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
          If you are updating the beta, there is no need to install the RC, or the final release. You will already be there. Why do you need to download the beta? You say you have it installed. If for some reason you removed that install, and no longer have your beta CD you burned, then I would suggest you just wait a couple of days. These problems have a way of fixing themselves with updates.
          Yes, I have erased and reused the Beta disk I had, so I no longer have it available. I'm not putting much faith in the problem resolving itself with the final release, really. Having done some Googling, I note that it's a very common recurring problem with this distro. I haven't experienced the issue in the past year or so, but just thought if I could find a place where I could download the Beta Alternate Install CD again, it would resolve the problem.

Cheers,
          zenarcher

Comment

If you can't find the beta, you could install Jaunty and use the upgrade method. That might work.

Comment

I hadn't thought of that. Thanks much for the idea. I think that might manage to resolve it, if all else fails.

Cheers,
              zenarcher

Comment

Working...
              X