This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installer With Very Small Fonts

I could not find any info on the following problem so I figured it's an isolated thing. Still it's annoying. Here's my problem:

I have an Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT hooked to a Samsung Syncmaster 2333 monitor (max resolution is 1920x1080)

The graphical part of the Kubuntu 9.10 installer displays incredibly small fonts. The fonts are so small that it's practically impossible to do anything, let alone installing. I knew the old installer by heart and could do the necessary actions without reading anything. But with the new installer it's impossible for me to do anything.

The same problem existed in the old installer for 9.04 but it could be remedied by choosing Safe Graphics Mode before starting the installer. This time choosing Safe Graphics Mode doesn't do anything either.

Is there any solution to this problem other than using the alternate install CD? What's the cause of this?

Re: Installer With Very Small Fonts

Hello,
    i had the same Problem. I fixed it with a change to an old Monitor for installation.
    After installation i had the same problem when start KDE. The fonts are so small that i was unable to read the text. STR+ALT+ "+" Key does not function to zoom the Font. I found a solution in make a change in /usr/bin/startx, change serverargs="" to serverargs="-dpi 100" and restart X11.

I hope it will help you.

with regards
    franze_m

Comment

Working...
    X