This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNetbootin + Karmic 64 = Boot error

Last night I downloaded the latest alpha version of Karmic 64 and installed it to a flash drive using UNetbootin, and the result is a boot error. It doesn't make it to any type of installation screen, it simply returns "Boot error."

I've used UNetbootin with Jaunty (not an alpha version), so I'm not sure if this is simply because of the developmental nature of Karmic at this point or not.

Can anybody help me out with this? I've searched around a bit and haven't really found anything.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Re: UNetbootin + Karmic 64 = Boot error

Tried again, this time with the beta version and got the same error. So I am wondering if it might be the USB key itself and not necessarily Karmic.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Re: UNetbootin + Karmic 64 = Boot error

Reformatted the USB key to have an ext2 file system and I no longer get the boot error. Hurray! Now I get an initramfs error. Booo!

Comment

Working...
      X