This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail crashed, claims to be missing a library now

Kmail just crashed and won't restart. When I try to run it from the command line I get this:

Code:
    ian@marmot:~$ /usr/bin/kmail
    /usr/bin/kmail: error while loading shared libraries: libindicate-qt.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Hmm. If I try to install this library I find it doesn't exist. According to Aptitude, the only similar-sounding files it knows about are these:

Code:
    libindi0       libindicate3     libindicate-gtk-dev libindi-dev
    libindicate     libindicate-dev   libindicate-qt0
    libindicate1     libindicate-doc   libindicate-qt-dev
    libindicate2     libindicate-gtk1   libindicator-dev
    Any thoughts? Should I just do an 'aptitude remove kmail' and reinstall it?

Re: Kmail crashed, claims to be missing a library now

Same thing here with Kmail.

I just did a fresh load of alpha 6 (was one of the unfortunates to get the mouse/keyboard lockup during late alpha 5) yesterday, then did updates this AM, and voila, kmail is gone:

'Cannot load library /usr/lib/kder/kmailpart.so: (libindicate-qt.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)'
    Omnia mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis.

Comment

Oh, that's a relief - if it's an issue with the upgrades then it should be fixed soon. I was worried there for a moment. Especially as I tried removing and reinstalling and it didn't fix the problem (which seemed weird: I use Aptitude and that's good at tracking dependencies)

Comment

Do remember that these sort of breakages in the Alpha stages are rather normal and often are fixed within a day

kmail should be fixed already, there may be a couple of others not fixed yet: quassel and konversation may still have the same problem

Comment

Working...
        X