This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow (partition) volume access w/o password - Dolphin

I installed karmic on an cf card in the pci express slot. Works great. Since I removed the actual ide drive for the installation (better safe than sorry - it is alpha and grub 2, don't get me started), I have no entries in fstab other than the root. No biggie there.

However, now when I want to mount/unmount the internal drive partitions with the disk in, dolphin pops up the password dialogue.

I see in systemsettings > advanced > PolicyKit Authorization >.org.freedesktop > hal > storage, there is an option for some things (what do I need to change from the default?)

I am wanting to avoid entering fstab entries for 2 NTFS and 1 VFAT partition. It takes me forever to figure out permissions, umask, and all those other things. I would rather have the auto mounter deal with it.

Re: Allow (partition) volume access w/o password - Dolphin

However, now when I want to mount/unmount the internal drive partitions with the disk in, dolphin pops up the password dialogue.

I see in systemsettings > advanced > PolicyKit Authorization >.org.freedesktop > hal > storage, there is an option for some things (what do I need to change from the default?)
    I have been using:

System Settings > Advanced > PolicyKit Authorization > org.freedesktop > hal > storage > Mount file systems from internal drives > Active console:Yes and click Modify.

There is a bug with the NTFS > Bug #395079 [KDE4][Karmic] Error mounting ntfs volume from dolphin's resources panel
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: Allow (partition) volume access w/o password - Dolphin

I fixed the ntfs issue a while back, but I am glad you posted it. I added an .fdi file somewhere but I can't recall where what, but I got it working.

Overall, I am entirely impressed with karmic. Apparently today, there was some major breakage but I didn't upgrade today so I didn't see it.

Boot time seems to be under 30 seconds on my ibm thinkpad t43 running off of a PCI Express reader for a UDMA enabled <kingston> CF card.

I can't believe however, that the Fn keys still don't work. They were broken starting with Jaunty.

Comment

Working...
      X