X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ipod mounting in temp with root priv!

hello yall,
    I am having a bit of a problem! Since my new install my girlfriends ipod is mounting to the /tmp and there for has root privileges, so I cant add or delete anything from amarok! Can some one tell me how to get it to mount automatically to /media/ipod, please
    thanks in advance
    ciao
    liam
    please any one, Im begging you please help me
    How do I change automounting?

Re: ipod mounting in temp with root priv!

So I have managed to manually mount it to /media but it still has root as the owner and I cant get read/write permission, even with sudo chmod 777 /media/KATOIAMS\ PI Can some one help me Im getting quite frustrated and cant find jack through google!
    thanx guys and gals

EDIT: I have now edited fstab and it mounts to /media, but still with root as user and with out rw permissions, arghhhhhhhhh

Comment

Ok so now I have realised the problem goes deeper, my f*****g cd drive has root permissions, so I cant even burn a bloody cd, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am so annoyed now, please please please can some on help me, Im beginning to go spare

Comment

How much time do you have invested in your installation? If it's fairly recent, and you haven't made a lot of customization, it may just be simpler to start fresh and do another clean install, formatting both the root and /home partitions.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

format my /home partition! I don't think I can do that have way too much stuff on it and no where to transfer it too I can I guess to a new install onto the / partition, I only reinstalled about 1 month ago, but as I said the home partition has more stuff on it that I can move around!
          Are there any other possibilities?

EDIT: Bonus beats I just instaled 4.4 and now plasma crashes when I logg in!

Comment

Working...
          X