Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to compile 9.04 Bluetooth drivers into 9.10 ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to compile 9.04 Bluetooth drivers into 9.10 ;)

Hey everyone,

First post

I have been trying various distros and have found Kubuntu to be the most stable and yet have the newest software available and very fast package management yeah deb's !

I tried 9.10 and done some research and found out that Bluetooth is broken in 2.6.31 Kernel. But the good thing is that gspca webcam drivers are at version 2.6.0 so my Sonix webcam can have full picture adjustments made (in 9.04 my webcam has a dark image and can't be adjusted using gspca v.2.4.0). So I can finally use Kubuntu for my every day desktop needs. But I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and need it working.

So my choices are use 9.04 and compile the gspca driver >2.6.0 into kernel.
    Or use 9.10 and compile the BT drivers I need into the kernel......

Anyone know how to do either ?

Would prefer to compile the Bluetooth driver into 9.10 though. I have only ever compiled a driver before with the Nvidia driver but that's not really a typical driver
    I have compiled a few programs and a kernel using some autokernel or something but I struggled with the instructions.

Any help would be appreciated, especially to help anyone with the same issue in the future to strengthen the community.

My dmesg output from 9.04 using the stock BT dongle from Logitech, MX5000 Keyboard and MX1000 Mouse

dmesg | grep Bluetooth
    [ 0.673207] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.13
    [ 0.673207] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
    [ 0.673207] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
    [ 2.337236] Bluetooth: L2CAP ver 2.11
    [ 2.337238] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
    [ 2.337241] Bluetooth: SCO (Voice Link) ver 0.6
    [ 2.337243] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
    [ 2.337302] Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
    [ 2.337312] Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
    [ 2.337314] Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.10
    [ 14.754144] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
    [ 14.754148] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
    [ 15.312915] Bluetooth: Generic Bluetooth USB driver ver 0.3
    [ 60.515210] Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.2

Thanks

Kubunut

Re: Need to compile 9.04 Bluetooth drivers into 9.10

Hey everyone,

Solved the problem an easier way. Downloaded a program called v4l2ucp which can adjust brightness settings on webcams using v4l2 drivers

I just upped the gain and the brightness went up. No problems on Skype now !

I am running 9.04 till probably Lucid Lynx. Which will have hopefully the Bluetooth regression bug fixed and new gspca webcam drivers which support webcam video adjustments natively.

Awesome !!!

Hope this helps someone

Comment

Got to love a new member who asks, and then discovers a solution 'on their own.' Good job.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Found a fix if anyone has problems with Bluetooth, this genius worked out the problem on his Mandriva installation. I have been searching for a solution to this for a long time. So I am running on Karmic now with KDE 4.4 !!!

http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?t=121413

Comment

Working...
        X