This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evoluent Vertical Mouse 3

I have such a mouse, and I am unable to control it. The settings in the systemsettiungs for the mouse have no effect (acceleration) and this is a laser mouse that currently is accelerating way too fast. I have tried to use an example fdi file:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <deviceinfo version="0.2">
      <device>
        <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.mouse">
        <match key="input.product" string="Kingsis Peripherals Evoluent VerticalMouse 3">
           <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">evdev</merge>
           <merge key="input.x11_options.Emulate3Buttons" type="string">no</merge>
           <merge key="input.x11_options.EmulateWheelButton" type="string">0</merge>
           <merge key="input.x11_options.ZAxisMapping" type="string">4 5</merge>
           <merge key="input.x11_options.ButtonMapping" type="string">1 2 2 4 5 6 7 3 8</merge>
        </match>
        </match>
      </device>
    I also tried using an InputDevice section in xorg.conf and I was still unable to control the mouse with xinput or xset. The settings were changed when you query lshal, but they simply don't affect the mouse itself, which still accelerates at breakneck speed.

Now what can I do about this? Has anyone been able to use this mouse with 64-bit 9.10 (installed from scratch).

A more theoretical question as well -- I also have a Cirque GlidePoint touchpad (which I of course unplugged to see if it helped), but the mouse setting in KDE does not say which input device it is trying to change when you alter the values there. Now as I said it altered neither, but how is this intended to work from developers?
Working...
X