Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 NOW WORKS 100%!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 NOW WORKS 100%!!

Probably due to the kernel update, but for whatever reason, my Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 now has the "red circle" working when it is active... that was the one thing that didn't work with this device in Jaunty.

I would recommend this camera to anyone... it works great!

Well, you of course don't get the Logitech app that windows has to manage some settings and add effects, but yuck, who wants that garbage anyways...

Still pretty happy with it.

Re: Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 NOW WORKS 100%!!

I have found that the best software to use with this camera is guvcview, which is especially designed for cameras that use the uvcvideo driver. It is now in the repositories. Try it out.

Comment

Thanks Detonate!

That program drives my Sony VAIO's web cam better than any other that I've tried. I especially like the controls on the brightness, contrast, color, hue, saturation, sound, gama, etc.... 8)
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I love gucview too. I noticed that in 8.04 my cam (QuickCam 5000) would capture at a max of 15 fps. Now works well at 30. It's amazing to watch this stuff improve by leaps and bound

Comment

Working...
        X