This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Removed Devices? what?

i have noticed that this seams to be a per user issue. one account on this machine almost always has that prompt, but mine account (the one i use daily) has no prompt at all.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

What I don't understand is that with a live disc and a fresh install I do not have these problems...

Comment

I've commented already, that there are 'issues' with an upgrade from Jaunty to Karmic that one does not experience with a fresh install of Karmic. Karmic in this regard, is sufficiently different from Jaunty, that an upgrade from the one to the other results in, IMO, a 'mixed' Jaunty/Karmic system instead of a 'clean' Karmic system. My opinion only.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes but once Karmic is installed and default updates are done and a few normal applications are installed (ie kdenlive, gimp, firefox, vlc, smplayer etc...) it proceeds to give the error.
          Attached Files

Comment

For me, installing pulseaudio 'fixed' this issue. I also have an Intel HDA Audio controller. YMMV.

Comment

You are correct sir! It works!!

Installed pulseaudio then rebooted and everything worked.

Thank you sooooooo much!

Cheers~

Comment

Comment

Seem I found why we got this problem.. For me its occured ONLY when I`m boot up with some storage device plugged: HDD, flash drive or SD card.. When I`m booting without any plugged storage, then all ok.. I have an Acer Aspire 5920g laptop

Comment

Working...
                  X