X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No audio device detected, sound not working

Hi all

I've just upgraded from 9.04 to karmik koala, everything working pretty fine but audio: i get the following error:

Phonon: driver HDA Intel (ALC268 Analog) not working

this is the result of lspci:
    00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03)
    00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)
    00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 03)

and the result of aplay -l is:
    aplay: device_list:223: no audio device detected...

i've tried asking google for help but can't find anything helpful..
    thanks!

(i apologize for my terrible english:P)

edit:
    $lspc -vv result:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 30cc
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 22
    Region 0: Memory at f8400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: <access denied>
    Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
    Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

Re: No audio device detected, sound not working

Hello isendel o/

I had this same problem of the system not finding my sound card, and the problem was related to me still using the old kernel, not the newest version.

Try reading this topic
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3107423.0
    and see if it's not the case.

Comment

try:

sudo apt-get install grub2
      Linux tawee2009 2.6.31-14-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 16 14:04:26 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux - Desktop@Office<br /><br />Acer Aspire 3810TZ : Dual Boots : Vista/Kubuntu9.10

Comment

isendel - if any of those methods won't work for you find on this forum any post by user with nickname: dibl

In his signature you will find 20 best FAQ. One of them is about installing alsa driver.

That might help as I had similar problem with my card on 9.04. It was "working" but immediately after start if was falling down to pulse On Karmic it works fine.
        Word of caution - do this as a last method of hope... believe me - YOU DON'T want to go through this

PS - I have ALC268 - but nVIDIA.

NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC268 Analog [ALC268 Analog].

Maybe you also have nvidia too

Kubuntu Karmic Koala AMD64bit Acer Aspire 7520

Comment

Originally posted by tawee2009
          try:

sudo apt-get install grub2
          Having nothing to do with the content of this thread is bad enough. That you would offer a 'solution' when you don't even, by your own admission, know where you got it, or for that matter, based on your post, what it would do, is foolish and potentially dangerous.

Unless you know what a command will do, or what the installation (or removal) of a package will do, please do not suggest doing so. Some 'noobs' not knowing any better, and 'trusting' what they find here, can get themselves into a lot of trouble following unqualified advise.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X