This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 9.10 on Dell 1501 Wireless problem

I just installed kubuntu 9.10 but i can't connect to the internet with my wireless can't even scan any signal.
    It works with wired.

I got the broadcom b43 wireless driver noticed but the downloading and installing always 0% ( with wired connected) and another
    problem is downloading and installing packages also 0%

Any idea for my problems ?

Thank you

Re: Kubuntu 9.10 on Dell 1501 Wireless problem

Can you connect to the internet with konqueror/firefox?

Mike
    http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by monte48lowes
      Can you connect to the internet with konqueror/firefox?

Mike
      Yes, No problem in surfing net.
      I have tried sudo apt-get update done and upgrade done.

Just unable to installing packages (always 0%) when there is somethings have to install for konqueror and a warning message said my firefox package has installed but nothing there

Comment

I have the same laptop.

Check to see what it named your wireless adapter. Mine was listed originally as wlan0 in wicd but I found my wireless had actually been assigned eth2. I just changed wicd to eth2 and all works fine now.
        Dell Inspiron 531/AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 4GB RAM/GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
        Kubuntu 16.04
        "I have a problem with the fact that they just make really 3rd rate products." Steve Jobs on Microsoft. From “Triumph of the Nerds"

Comment

I have the Dell 1501 also, and experienced same problem trying the live 9.10 install CD yesterday.

Originally posted by ICMike
          I have the same laptop.

Check to see what it named your wireless adapter. Mine was listed originally as wlan0 in wicd but I found my wireless had actually been assigned eth2. I just changed wicd to eth2 and all works fine now.
          Changing 'wicd to eth2' is a little too broad-brush for me to grasp. How exactly did you accomplish this change?

Omnia mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis.

Comment

Working...
          X