This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Solved) Sound Crashes Randomly.

Noticed last Saturday that the sound from my PC crashes randomly. Normally when I boot up sound is working normally and I can hear the kde jingle. Later I normally get the notifier reporting that HDA Nvidia (ALC899A Analog) has crashed and its falling back to HDA Nvidia, NVIDIA HDMI (HDMI Audio Output) but unfortunately my speakers are not linked to the HDMI so I cannot test if it's working. Even when I go to multimedia prefernce on system settings and select hda analog it will still crash soon afterwards. In addition I see there is Pulsea audio/ Pulse Audio sound server on the selection menu but I cannot get them to work. My hardware is exactly the same as it was in 9.04 and it was working perfectly so I can only deduce that 9.10 has some sound software upgrade not comfortable with my hardware.
    Give us some help here, i'm really missing my LedZep.

Re: Sound Crashes Randomly.

switch to alsa-sink module in /etc/pulse/default.pa

or, recompile alsa. alsa included in distro is little bit old.

Comment

Re: (Solved) Sound Crashes Randomly.

I'm not sure what happened but seems the sound issue has been solved by the updates over the last couple of days. I've been rocking almost continuously yesterday and today and no crashes at all. Amarok rocks.

Comment

Re: (Solved) Sound Crashes Randomly.

Umm... When I'm unplug DC connector from my notebook, I get a brief notification that the sound had crashed and are fall-backing to other device, but in my case, the sound keep working fine. ( I will put later the exact menssage)

Comment

Working...
        X