This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD K10 Thermal Sensor

I'm trying to use lm_sensors to monitor my hardware. While running sensors-detect, I have the following output:
    Code:
    Some south bridges, CPUs or memory controllers may also contain
    embedded sensors. Do you want to scan for them? (YES/no):
    Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595...            No
    VIA VT82C686 Integrated Sensors...             No
    VIA VT8231 Integrated Sensors...              No
    AMD K8 thermal sensors...                  No
    AMD K10 thermal sensors...                 Success!
      (driver `to-be-written')
    Intel Core family thermal sensor...             No
    Intel AMB FB-DIMM thermal sensor...             No

Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.
    Just press ENTER to continue:

Driver `it87' (should be inserted):
     Detects correctly:
     * ISA bus, address 0x290
      Chip `ITE IT8712F Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `to-be-written' (should be inserted):
     Detects correctly:
     * Chip `AMD K10 thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)

I will now generate the commands needed to load the required modules.
    Just press ENTER to continue:

To load everything that is needed, add this to /etc/modules:

#----cut here----
    # Chip drivers
    it87
    # no driver for AMD K10 thermal sensors yet
    #----cut here----
    the "no driver for AMD K10 thermal sensors yet" is where I'm confused. I'm using an Athlon 5900 (shows up as AMD Athlon II X2 215 in system monitor). Is that too new for a driver? I'm still unsure how a lot of these drives are written, so I'm curious if this will be covered soon.

Ernie Grossmann<br />Opening doors, closing Windows.......<br />AMD Athlon X2<br />Asus K8, 2 GB PC 3200 RAM<br />Using Kubutu 10.10

Re: AMD K10 Thermal Sensor

ernieg92, I don't have the details handy, but the best place for this is the forum in lm-sensors. Yes, it sounds like yours is not supported. I had the same problem with my DG33FBC Intel board, the ICH9 hub (I think). Go to that forum and poke around, search on your problem to see if others have it and/or any announcements are made re why, progress, etc.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Re: AMD K10 Thermal Sensor

I'm having problems accessing their website. When I can reach it, I don't find a forum and their FAQ doesn't mention anything.

However, I did find this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...rs/+bug/316257

I'm not sure how the bugs/launchpad thing works. But that bug addresses the K10 thermal sensor driver and at the very end it says this:
      Code:
      The driver exists upstream, so marking as fix committed, importance wishlist
      Does "upstream" mean it is coming from the developer (in this case, lm-sensors)? Any idea how long that takes (post was dated 2009-09-01)?

thanks!
      Ernie Grossmann<br />Opening doors, closing Windows.......<br />AMD Athlon X2<br />Asus K8, 2 GB PC 3200 RAM<br />Using Kubutu 10.10

Comment

Working...
      X