This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VLC & networking HDD.

I can play song by song on VLC from my networking hard drive but it won't let me add a whole album to a playlist, It's getting irritating, This is the last hurdle for me to 100% switch to Linux, Other than this i've set it up perfectly as to what i want/need and than some.

Re: VLC & networking HDD.

Maybe Re: Playing Media over network with VLC
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Xine does what i need straight off the bat but i REALLY wanted to use VLC, But if i have to put up with this for now i guess i'll have to deal with it, I just don't see why VLC Can't do it in Linux but it does it in Windows, I've installed other versions of linux before and this worked, I don't understand!, I'll use Xine for now but if someone can help it would be MUCH appreciated.

Comment

Screw it, I'm just using Xine, **** it, How do i make audio stop opening with amorak and open with Xine instead?

Comment

Did you not look at the link I provided? In essence, you establish a 'share' to the folder on the networked drive, which then shows as a 'local' folder in your users /home directory. Then, VLC will see this shared folder as a local folder, and you should then be able to accomplish what you want.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

mitch@mitch-laptop:~$ sudo mount 192.168.0.3:/smb://mybookworld/PUBLIC/Music /home
            mount.nfs: mount to NFS server '192.168.0.3:/smb://mybookworld/PUBLIC/Music' failed: RPC Error: Program not registered

Comment

Now i'm getting

mitch@mitch-laptop:~$ sudo mount 192.168.0.3:/smb://mybookworld/PUBLIC/Music /homemount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.0.3:/smb://mybookworld/PUBLIC/Music

Comment

Working...
              X