This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE panel clock calendar bug

Has anyone else found that since the beginning of this month (Jan 2010), the calendar that pops up when you click on the panel clock widget opens on Dec 2010, and won't go back earlier than Feb 2010?

Re: KDE panel clock calendar bug

The default Digital Clock widget? I'm in Karmic 9.10 at the moment, and it displays correctly when popped-up. I'll check Jaunty in a bit, but I doubt it will be any different - it will be correct.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes, the default digital clock widget. The time & date on the panel itself are correct, it's just the pop-up calendar that's wrong.

Comment

I guess I should mention that I'm in the Europe/GB timezone.

Comment

Is the calendar in K > System Settings > Date & Time showing correctly?

Comment

Yeah, K > System Settings > Date & Time shows the correct date.

Comment

When was the last time you did a system update/dist-upgrade?

Comment

Just before I posted here. My system is completely up to date.

I've managed to get the calendar to totally lock-up the panel, by decrementing the week number (at the bottom right of the pop-up calendar). It locked up one click after it reached week 5.

Comment

Have you considered just deleting the Digital Clock widget from the Panel and then reinstalling it? If you try this, I'd remove it and then reboot before adding it again. Worth a shot.

Comment

Right, I've tried removing the widget, rebooting then adding the widget back, but the problem's still there. The problem's also there if I add the Digital Clock widget to the desktop instead of the panel.

Did you check your Jaunty installation, like you said you would in your first post?

Comment

I'm in Kubuntu Jaunty 9.04 now. My Digital Clock widget shows the correct calendar month/year/date. Opening it also shows the same.

Comment

I've just realized that the Calendar is a widget in it's own right. If I add it to the desktop, it has the same problem, so I guess this is a bug in the Calendar widget rather than the Digital Clock widget.
                        Here are more details:
                        It shows today (3rd Jan 2010) as 24th Dec 2010. If I click the '>' in the top right, the month is correctly incremented to Jan 2011, then Feb 2011 and so on. If I click the '<' in the top left, the month decrements correctly down to Feb 2010, but on the next click it loops back to Dec 2010. If I decrement the week number at the bottom left of the widget, it goes down to 5 (the first week in Feb 2010), then on the next click, it completely locks up.

Comment

It's not a bug. I just installed the Calendar widget to my desktop. Date is correct. Open a console and type:
                          Code:
                          sudo hwclock
                          What date and time is reported by your hardware clock?

Comment

"sudo hwclock" reports:
                            Sun 03 Jan 2010 22:52:35 GMT -0.553483 seconds

"date" reports:
                            Sun Jan 3 22:52:37 GMT 2010

Comment

Kubuntu 9.04, KDE 4.2.2, Mountain time, USA. Pop-up calendar worked fine through December (2009.) I even skipped forward in December to check out some dates in January 2010 & that worked fine. But now i am having the same problem as philgp: Pop-up calendar opens on Dec 2010, and won't go back earlier than Feb 2010. Have tried all suggestions posted. sudo hwclock shows correct date, problem w/pop-up calendar remains.

Comment

Working...
                              X