This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightscribe Templets

Can anyone tell me how to install lightscribe templets into the program tried other forums hear but no replies, ( i have download them to the downloaded folder )

Re: Lightscribe Templets

What "program" are you referring to? Is it a *buntu program?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It is lightscribe program from the lightscribe web site, install and running great with 8 disks templates built in the program, i have downloaded more temples from the web site to my download folder but i don't know how to install them

Comment

Maybe CREATING A LABEL DESIGN

Comment

Been there no help on this

Comment

Hmm. Well, LightScribe Forum

Comment

The only labeler I find on Lightscribe's website is just a simple labeler, which limits what'll let you do greatly.

I've found the LaCie lightscribe labeler to be much better. http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10803

It does take a little fussing to get installed correctly, as it does require converting the package from RPM to deb. I found this thread helpful on showing me how to convert the package over: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3090172.0

With the LaCie program, it's really easy to include new templates, you just open the program, select the import image dialog, and open the template you like. Now this program doesn't give you any editing capabilities within it, but since you're just importing images, you can easily create your labels from the templates in something like GIMP, then import them into the LaCie program for burning. This has worked great for me.

If you're going to create a label from scratch with your own images, you might find this blank template useful: http://link.deathkitten.net/LightScribe%20template.xcf

Comment

Downloaded the Lacie lightscribe Labeler as on this page, installed OK .can select a template label i downloaded from the lightscribe site, but the bottom left Title button dose not work, created a shortcut button like you say from the menu editor

Comment

Those buttons are only enabled once you import an image for the labeler, and all they do is determine the area of the label the program is going to burn to the disc when you're ready to create the disc label.

Comment

When i load a image the first button on the bottom left does nothing, but the other two work, so how do the put text on the disk before you burn it.

Comment

You put the text on the template by editing the graphic in GIMP or another graphic/photo manipulation program.

I am not sure why that button would not be working. Can you run the program from the command line, and watch the output on the command like when you attempt to try the button again? If you do that, please paste the code into a post here and maybe someone can figure out what's up.

Comment

brian@brian-desktop:~$ 4L-gui
                        Using /etc/lightscribe.rc

Comment

Also if i put a template on the disk and click to print i get this message, Printing requires root privileges

Comment

I have not encountered either issue, and I am unsure where to go now. I don't remember the lightscribe requiring root privileges when I used it either, but you can open it with kdesudo to bypass *that* problem, though you shouldn't have to run with that high of a privilege setting, so you should try to find out what's wrong.

Wish I could be more help.

Comment

Working...
                            X