This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMixer autostarts .. but why?

I'm having the same issue as addressed here: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=7354.0

It has something to do with occasional messages from the what-ever-program-controls-the-audio-connections.
    There's a popup that "the output ### has failed. Falling back to ###" - I can't remember the exact message, but
    it seems that the audio connections inside the card gets shifted or reserved when changing between programs.

This used to happen at startup, but now, instead of a popup message, the KMixer starts. I don't have it on my
    .kde/autostart/ folder, I've saved an empty session which Kubuntu opens at start but the mixer persistently opens
    itself at the topleft corner.

I'll start tweaking and poking around and if I find the solution I'll post it here so if anyone else has this, they'll
    hopefully gets some tips on how to proceed.

Using:
    Kubuntu 9.04 with KDE 4.3.2
    Terratec Aureon Space 7.1 Audio Card
    www.behance.net/Loadus

Re: KMixer autostarts .. but why?

Same here, in Karmic for me. Kmix should start, but docked in the panel, not maximized. Not sure how to fix it though, I will post if I figure out how.

Comment

Originally posted by Loadus
      It has something to do with occasional messages from the what-ever-program-controls-the-audio-connections.
      There's a popup that "the output ### has failed. Falling back to ###" - I can't remember the exact message, but
      it seems that the audio connections inside the card gets shifted or reserved when changing between programs.
      The settings for where the system sends sound output is located in System Settings > Multimedia > Device Preferences tab. I have 'Pulse Audio' placed at the bottom of the list for all 'Audio Output' and the default sound card placed at the top, just below my USB headset.

I get the message to when I start up without the USB headset plugged in. Also, when the USB headset is plugged in the message pops up informing me that audio output is changed.

The notifications can be changed:

Right click on System Tray > System Tray Settings uncheck popups.

Mike
      http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks, Mike! This is accurate.

Just for the record, the KMix maximized at login is a different issue, though

Comment

Good pointers so far - I remembered that this started to happen when I ticked OFF the selection from KMixer: "Start KMixer automatically at startup" .. hmm plot thickens ...

EDIT:

Miles_C
          writes on the ubuntuforums:

If you're using the KDE desktop environment, you can go to the control center, then Window Specific Settings (under Desktop). Create a new behavior. Select detect, then click on the kmix window to detect it. Then under Geometry, hit minimized, apply initially.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=194416
          www.behance.net/Loadus

Comment

Working...
          X