This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revert from Gnome to KDE

Hi, as it seems i made a mistake and when i restarted my PC, when i login they all changed to Gnome environment. If i run System->Administration->Login Window it displays this message: " GDM (GNOME Display Manager) is not running. You might be using a different display manager, such as KDM (KDE Display Manager), CDE login (dtlogin), or xdm. If you wish to use this feature, then your system will need to be configured to use GDM instead".

What happened? I want to use the KDE environment. Now is like i have Ubuntu installed. Please help!!

Re: Revert from Gnome to KDE

Originally posted by caveneo
    Hi, as it seems i made a mistake and when i restarted my PC, when i login they all changed to Gnome environment.
    Did you install something that may have brought gnome with it as a dependency/recommend?
    " GDM (GNOME Display Manager) is not running. You might be using a different display manager, such as KDM (KDE Display Manager), CDE login (dtlogin), or xdm. If you wish to use this feature, then your system will need to be configured to use GDM instead".
    This suggests your system is still configured to use kdm. If that's the case, you can choose "KDE" from from the menu button in the login screen to boot into KDE.

Comment

Re: Revert from Gnome to KDE

ok thank you very much! That did it.

Comment

Working...
      X